Burketown Fishing Trip

For the Queen's Birthday long weekend, my boss took us out to his place up in Burketown to go fishing. It was my first time fishing and I really loved it, even though all I caught was a catfish & chucked it back for the sea eagle (which I got a photo of!). I already would like all of my friends that have 4x4's and boats to take me fishing with them all the time, please & thank you. 

Burketown is a really sweet little place, with a population of approx. 173 (according to the 2006 census), the locals were friendly and the ice-cold ciders went down smoothly out on the boat & watching the Cowboys vs Broncos grand final on the Sunday night. I think it's safe to say I'll be visiting again in the future.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! Means a lot to me coming from someone whose photos I admire a bunch :)

      Delete