Sweet potato coconut curry soup

I made this amazing recipe the other night. Was JUST delicious, plus it's vegan! Super good and warming soup for winter just around the corner too :)


Ingredients:
- 2 large sweet potatoes, pricked all over with a fork
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (I used lite)
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Chopped fresh cilantro (for garnishing - I skipped this though as it is not necessary)

Method:
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees (Celsius). 
- Bake sweet potatoes for one hour or until very tender. Remove from oven and let cool. (I peeled my potatoes and cut them in half before I baked them and had them in vegetable oil.)
- Blend together sweet potato (minus the skin) and all other ingredients. Re-heat soup if necessary and serve with chopped cilantro on top.

Per serving: Calories 280, Fat 12, Carb 40, Fibre 6, Protein 5.

Adapted from The Novice Chef.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds fascinating! I wouldn't have thought to put those flavors together. I may have to try this sometime when I'm alone. Since most of my family would revolt, I'm sure! But I'm willing to try most anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really really yummy too! Yeah, a lot of the things I want to cook my family would also differ to the appealing-ness of the recipe haha. But it is so warming and golly good! My parents really liked it too so it was awesome :)

    ReplyDelete